FRIDAY-We left at 8 o'clock, er, we were SUPPOSED to leave at 8 o'clock to head to St. Augustine but I was running late...as usual. When we finally hit the road we made it to St. Augustine without so much as a hitch. "The Boys" had a tee time for 2PM and when we arrived at noon there were black clouds (Oh, lovely). We had lunch and the boys left.
Meanwhile- I had orchestrated this awesome surprise for my man, where I planned out this whole ordeal involving a brand spanking new golf club that PT had been talking about for months, a huge red bow and a nice little anniversary present secretly placed in his golf bag (with the help of my little brother).
As you can imagine I wanted video, photos and mad texts about PT's awesome surprise that I was sure he would LOVE. I was gloating just thinking about my best wife ever award! Weeeelll, after many texts back and forth with PT and my brother--no super surprise, no golf, they'd been rained out and were coming back home without PT ever opening his bag. BUMMER! I had to bite my tongue in order to keep myself from shouting, "GO OPEN YOUR GOLF BAG AND HAND ME MY AWARD",when the guys returned.
The rest of the night we enjoyed warm weather, good food, and nice company.
SATURDAY- The boys left for their scheduled tee time and I again awaited anxiously for the word that PT had received his surprise. Weeeellll, after no word I checked my phone and it was DEAD! (ugh, technology) so I had no way of knowing what had happened. I had told my brother earlier to try and get video of the grand opening so I was just counting on that. A couple hours later after my phone charged I had some sweet texts from my happy husband who was quite surprised... mission accomplished:)
When the boys got back my brother showed me the video. It started with my brother saying.."Ok, go..." and Peter doing a not so great job of pretending to open his bag for the first time and see his club. My brother missed getting video of the actual opening so I all I had was the re-enactment to laugh about (boys..). All in all, it was a wonderful surprise, even if I didn't see it. PT was so happy, mission accomplished. && Thanks to my little bro, for helping me pull the whole thing off.
The rest of the evening was spent laughing. a LOT.
SUNDAY- OH the dreaded vacation end. We ate a marvelous brunch, laid by the pool, packed up & shipped out. PT & I drove back to his sister's house, had dinner and laughed some more.
Weekend Rating: Pretty Awesome.
Jul 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment