Dec 15, 2011

Fa la la la


     Today we went caroling to some of the nursing homes in the area. The kids have been practicing Christmas carols for a week or so now and they were more than ready to get their tinsel halos on and show off their stuff. We piled in a room filled with people's grandmas, grandpas and even a retired 1st grade teacher and serenaded them with some of the season's finest sounds. PRECIOUS. I was so not prepared for the level of heartwarming that was going to take place. A quote from one of my little guys, "Mrs. Tragos, I gave a card to a lady that couldn't talk. But I smiled real big and told her Merry Christmas!" I mean, seriously, how sweet is that? I was bursting with all sorts of joy. I am so glad our class got the opportunity to do that. It was an experience we'll all remember.

      In other news, PT finished his exams today! Woo HOO! That means I have my friend back--now instead of being holed up in the study or at the library my husband will be able to hang out with me! I'm psyched. I've already got Yogurt Mountain and Target trips and movie dates planned, along with hours of reality television. YEP.


                         Only FOUR school days 'til Christmas Break and just ten days 'til Christmas
                                                               ... but who's counting?

No comments:

Post a Comment