I remember my dad taking us to see "Passion of the Christ" when we were very young.
Although I don't think I could've completely understood Gods grace at that age (or even now fully) I remember crying so hard while seeing Jesus beaten, spit on, and ultimately crucified for doing nothing but love us. It was hard for me to view this day as "good".
A lot of focus of "Good Friday" is spent pointing to Sunday and the resurrection. While this day is the biggest, most important day in the life of a believer (our God LIVES and He is VICTORIOUS) I believe Good Friday is good in and of itself. On that day God's wrath toward us was satisfied. It was FINISHED.
Although our sweet Jesus suffered, He did so, so that we could be reconciled to Him forever! We were spared. We were covered, and marked BLAMELESS! What a beautiful, sweet, GOOD day this Friday was/is.

No comments:
Post a Comment